2014 Call for Artists
Harvest Chicago Contemporary Dance Festival seeks submissions for annual weekend-long event to take place September 26-28, 2014 at Ruth Page Center for the Arts in Chicago, IL.
Harvest Chicago Contemporary Dance Festival (HCCDF) is a weekend of performance to celebrate the work of practicing contemporary dance artists. Each night will feature a different lineup.
HCCDF welcomes new work OR repertory work up to 10 minutes in length. There is a non-refundable submission fee of $15. Applicants may submit up to three works for review.
APPLY ONLINE NOW or send us the following information:
- Company/Choreographer name, Contact Name, Address, Phone Number and Email Address
- Company History, CV and/or Resume.
- 100 word max biography of company or principal choreographer.
- Description of proposed piece(s), including number of performers, music, and technical needs (no more than one page per submitted piece).
- Work sample, showing either piece(s) to be performed or previous work. Applicants may submit a DVD or email links to online video samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once selected, there will be a $25 technical fee for each accepted work. Participants will be paid a performance fee as funding permits.
Application deadline is MAY 2, 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: One of our producers will be going on maternity leave this spring. We humbly request that you submit as early as possible. Early application will not affect your chances of selection, but will enable HCCDF to more efficiently review your work. We thank you for your consideration.
Please apply online, email your information to email@example.com, or mail to:
c/o Nicole Gifford Dance
2335 W Thomas St. Apt 3F
Chicago, IL 60622
Applicants will be notified in 4-6 weeks.
This event is produced by ology dance/Melissa Mallinson & Nicole Gifford Dance. If you have questions, please contact us at info@HCCDF.com.